Okay, I don’t think I actually have the flu this time. It’s just the random germy crud that has been working its way from husband to toddler and now on to me. I thought that as “Super Mom” I could elude this viral villain, but alas, he now has me in his congested clutches. So today’s challenge: should I try to suck it up and workout anyway or just give my body a rest?

I brought all by gym stuff with me anyway, hoping that I’d feel better, but as time is passing, I still feel like crap. I’ve gone back and forth all morning about this. First I tell myself, I’ll feel better once I workout and and that I’m just being lazy. Then I think maybe my body is trying to tell me something and I should slow down a bit. Maybe I’m being stubborn. Maybe I’m being silly. Either way, it’s incredibly frustrating.

For now, I’ve decided to let the crud win and to skip today’s workout.  It’s extra dissapointing for me since I wanted to start the New Year with a bang and a good workout schedule.
How do you decide when you should workout versus when you should skip the workout and rest? Curious to see if I’m just being a wuss or doing the right thing.
fitness, healthly living, mamvation, mom, workout

1. You can skip the hard work out if you really feel cruddy. I totally understand that.

2. I think you get better faster if you let yourself rest. It's a-ok!

3. oh that sucks! get better soon! Me personally… now this is just me. Im not recommending you do this… I workout unless its a stomach thing. Typically if i workout through a cold type sickness most cases it makes me feel a little better. But like i said… This is just me. hehe take care

4. Listen to your body… if it is sick… rest is what heals it… if it is lazy… that is when you need to kick butt and work out anyway… sounds like you are sick Dear… It's not to late to start out the New Year with a bang… one day skipping… even two does not a failure make!

5. Morgan up there is a machine, isn't she? (love ya, Momo!) But for *me* I would just rest. Although, we believe in our family that if you are able to complain/question whether you should or shouldn't do something, then you are on the mend and better get to it soon! The theory being that if you are *really really* sick you don't even have the question in your head. (Now, do I stick to that rule? Um, not so much.) :DHope you are feeling better soon ~ and welcome to Mamavation!

6. Don't be so hard on yourself if you have to skip it. Concentrate on what you CAN do instead of what you can't. Concentrating on what you CAN'T do is going to make you a victim of self abuse. Don't go there. I'm so excited to be able to support you!!! XXOO

7. I hope that you're feeling better by now! I just do something light, some light yoga or some light weights. I'm sorry and I know how frustrating it is when you're sick and you really want to workout. I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time!