After church on Sunday at the request of my Hubby. He has a nostalgic soft spot for OCB, it’s that thing that you know is bad for you, but you still love mostly because it brings back great childhood memories when you eat it. I totally understand since I have a similar weekness for Totino’s pizza.

But after we got there I remembered why we stopped going to places like that. It’s so hard to find anything that’s not covered in sauce or stuffed full of salt. I felt bad letting our toddler eat most of the stuff on the menu. If you’re like my husband, who already has problems with portion control, you might as well just pack the pounds on the minute you walk in the door. I’m constantly telling him that he eats to fast, so his body doesn’t have time to register that he’s full before he’s stuffed himself to capacity like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Before we started eating, Hubby was so excited, because he said it was his “Cheat Day.” Then the cheating began.
After brunch we got back in the car, and hubby said, “You’re gonna make fun of me.
I said, “Why.”
He says, “I’m stuffed.”
He was right; I made fun of him the whole ride home.

When we got home, he passed out on the couch, I’m sure all the teasing I gave him in the car wore him out. But the Toddler and I got some play time in and he even helped me do my Kettleworx Workout. (I call him hanging on my leg “helping”.)

To help make up for the junk food cheat day, I found a new recipe that I’ll be making this week. It’s Black Bean and Mushroon Chilli. It’s healthy and because you can put in the Crock Pot, it’s really easy and convenient. If you try it, please let me know.

Slow-Cooker Black Bean-Mushroom Chili Recipe – ACE Healthy Recipes – American Council on Exercise

Plus, if you haven’t signed up for my Kettleworx Starter Workout Kit, you still have time this week.  Just sign up via my last week’s post.

Along with watching my diet I plan to log at least 10 miles on the treadmill as I start to get ready for the Half Marathon I’m running in June. One trip to OCB isn’t going to kill us, but I’m glad we don’t do this everyday. My waistline and marriage couldn’t handle it.

ACE, fitness, healthly living, mamavation, MissShannan, mom, mommy, weightloss

1. Wow, that recipe looks tastey! I love black beans.

2. That recipe does look yummy – too bad I made low-fat turkey chili in the crock pot tonight… Sigh!DO you have a webcam? Do you think you could do a vlog about the kettleworkx? I would love to know more about it. Also – good job on the 1/2 marathon goal – have you done one before? Races are so inspiring!!

3. I have no idea what OCB is…I'm assuming it's fast food, but we don't have one anywhere around here where I live. lol on you teasing him. XXOO

4. Love your post. Your husband sounds like he can be a silly man. You're on the right track and I love the recipe, ty for sharing it…I will definitely be trying this one out and let ya know about it.

5. LOL Your post sounds like a conversation that would take place in my house. And, girl, can I just say I admire (and am a little jealous of) anyone who can run a Half Marathon! Way to go.

6. I am working on my cheat meal, too. I love to cook, but most of the stuff I love to cook includes butter, creams, etc. Not exactly good for you type of cooking. I need to go check out this recipe! Have another great week.

7. We love Old Country Buffet too! We always have coupons for free kids meals and it makes it sooooo cheap. I did really well last time we went. Keep up the good work and thanks for the tasty looking recipe!

8. Your husband sounds just like mine. I would be such a healthy eater 100% of the time if it weren't for all the crap he likes to buy and the places he likes to go out to eat….. Thanks for the posting the recipe.

9. Buffets are the worst! right up there with church potlucks. Mystery sauces everywhere!My toddler loves to "help" with my lower body workouts too. She loves to sit on my shins and have me lift her – awesome quad workout!You're doing great – keep up the good work!

10. That soup does look good!! I am going to try it!Fbbmomma

11. Thanks for the recipe. I'm new to mamavation and need to bring new foods into my life.

12. good job at resisting temptation i have a harder time with that, im doing workout on the stationary bike tonight and have zumba class tommarow

13. I hate that I'm such a picky eater!!! That pic looks yummy! I love that hubby napped & you kept on going! Good job!

14. I have a similar Chinese buffet weakness. I think Cheats are okay as long as you don't do it every day, or even all day. One cheat meal a week. Good luck on your 10 miles!

15. You are on a great track and I wish you well as you train and prep your body for the half in June. That recipe does look super YUM.

16. Great looking recipe! Definitely plan to try it.

17. I can't stand cilantro, but other than that the recipe sounds yummo! I even already have the chipotle in adobo – woot! You are rockin' out that kettlebell! My daughters love to "help" me too, so I'm sure that's fun! Keep it up.