What a crazy week. Crazy, but in a good way. I had some successes at work, some successes on the comedy stage and some successes in health.
What I’ve focused on over the last two weeks is my attitude. I’m changing my thought process to focus on Positives rather than Negatives. No more “Oh No, How and I going to run this race,” to “I can’t wait to run this race.”

I think that the attitude change has really helped me feel more at piece in a lot of areas in my life and taken a way some of the anxiety that was making me dread my workouts instead of enjoy them like I used to. Also, I’ve lost another 3 pounds with was my primary goal, but has been a welcome bi-product of me healthy diet and exercise program.

This week, I’m continuing my workout routine. I plan to log 12 miles of running this week, plus at least 2 days of strength training and 2 days of yoga. I’m using some Nutrition Tips I found in this months edition of Fitness Magazine to tweak my diet. Their recommendations include a daily diet that is about 60 percent carbs, 20 percent from lean proteins, and 20 percent from fat. Here’s the link to what the Fitness Magazine dietician and director of Nutrition Energy in New York City, Lauren Antonucci, RD, recommends. Smart Nutrition Tips for Runners
If everything goes well the rest of March, I should be in a good position to really kick the final eight weeks of training before I hit race day in June. One of my Mamavation Sistas told me I should definitely put in the training before I run this Half Marathon. I plan to take her advice. I’m sure my body will appreciate it.
fitness, healthy living, mamavation, Miss Shannan, mom, workout

1. Congrats on the awesome week! Positivity is a choice, sometimes a hard one, but usually rewarding.Yes, your body will appreciate the training! Good luck.

2. Great job this week! And yes, I agree, put the training in before the 1/2 and your body will love you. I did one without enough training and it kicked my butt. (Like in childbirth when you think you really are going to die). Hope you have another wonderful week!

3. Post your 1/2 marathon training plan even if no one reads it, it will help keep you accountable. Thanks for posting the nutrition tips from Fitness. I hope you love your workout schedule, it looks yummy to me but then I love running (when I can) and yoga and strength training. Have an amazing week Shannan!

4. Congrats on your loss and on your successes this week! Good luck in your training and keep up the hard work!

5. Thanks for sharing the info from Fitness magazine. I've been hitting about 50-55% carbs every day, so I'm not too far off. I was wondering about that ratio. The positive attitude sure is helping!! What a great week you and and great goals for the upcoming! you are such an inspiration!

6. My carbs are way lower than that…but I"m getting most of them from veggies anyway, so it all works out. When I was overweight though, I was like at 70-80 carbs from non veggie sources. Yes, the better attitude will help you. But that comes with gaining in small successes. Just keep pushing. XXOO

7. Amazing what happens when we tell ourselves that we "can" do something! You are on such a successful road. Way to go and good luck this coming week.

8. Its funny when we tell ourself we can do it, we do! I am loving your attudie. Way to go this week!

9. Woohoo, great job!!! Yeah, a lot can be said for a positive attitude. Any setbacks, you tell yourself you'll do better next week & you will. If you feel bad about that setback, chances are you're just going to set yourself back even farther!! Keep it up!!! You really are doing a great job!

10. Yay for your attitude adjustment! It really does make a difference, doesn't it? Keep up the good work! 🙂

11. Good attitude! That's something I'm trying to work on right now to. You can do it!

12. What a great attitude. Keep it up you are doing fantastic.