We will be moving in the next few weeks, so I took this week off to jumpstart our packing efforts before things get too busy at work.

It was slow going at first. We’ve been in this house for a while so things have piled up over time. But then I got to my side of the closet and really started to look at how many clothes I had. Specifically how many clothes I have that are way too big.  I’ve been at my new weight for over a year now, but I still had a ton off stuff that was at least 2 to 3 sizes too big.

I dumped them. All of them. The dresses, the slacks, the jeans. All bagged up and ready to go to Goodwill.  I feel lighter mentally after doing it. My closet isn’t crammed full of clothes I never want to wear again. I’m moving forward. And I’m giving myself a personal round of applause.

A grlfriend from church has organized her own 5k run that a bunch of us will be doing on the August 28th. It’s good incentive for me to keep moving and training for the half marathon coming up in October.

Congrats to all the other Mamavation Moms who have dropped the pounds.  Some advice: treat yourself to some new threads. It’s great motivation to stay on you journey.

Uncategorized

1. YOU GO GIRL!!!!I'm so excited for you! 🙂 That's just awesome!!I'm ready to be there! So ready to do away with some clothes!!!!!!!!!!Rock on babe!

2. The 5K sounds like a blast! Running is fun but I bet running with FRIENDS is that much better 🙂 yea for Goodwill! (and, of course, yea for YOU!)

3. Awesome that you've kept the weight off and symbolic as well has helpful to others that you got rid of clothes that belonged to the old you. Very inspirational!

4. That is fantastic that you donated your 'big' clothes!… I am working my way back into my wardrobe a few outfits at a time! I am excited to not have to buy new clothes this fall/winter… I had some nice things that I had 'out grown'… glad you lightened your load and made space for some new skinny-you clothes!YAY!Have a great week hun!Laura @SeeLauraRun

5. good for you girl!! I can't wait to get to that point!! I have lots of clothes I can't wait to dump and few I can't wait to wear again. lol

6. Wow! congrats for maintenance! That is awesome – You REALLY are an inspiration for what we can all achieve. Proud of you!

7. Congrats on getting rid of the too big for you clothes. I bet that felt great! I can't wait to do that and treat myself to some new ones. Good luck at the 5k!

8. so proud of you and yeah no more fat clothes! You are doicg so well! I will be excited to dump so more!

9. That is awesome! A little cleaning is great, but your giving to people who need it as well! Enjoy the 5k!!

10. woohoo congrats girl! What an accomplishment.. I dream of the day I am in your shoes doing the same thing. 🙂

11. Congrats on getting rid of a portion of your closet. That is a very good thing. Keep enjoying your training, sounds like you will have fun with your friends.

12. That's awesome! I can't wait to purge my loose clothes in the future. And WOW. You're training for a half marathon? That's fantastic! Can't wait to hear about the 5k later this month!